Re: MUSIC DATABASE

From: Kári Poulsen <kapo_at_utvarp.olivant.fo>
Date: 1996/11/11

Tazz_man <"w.quennelle "@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in article <32806C53.5CC4_at_sk.sympatico.ca>...

> Does any one out there know how to get an all
 comprehensive Music
> Database started?
>
> Not Likely.
>
> But I would like to hear any ideas that you have.
>
> Use E-mail

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean

We're developing a music database with a lot of bells & whistles
to use in our production system. This is probably too complex for
a private system. (>250.00 titles in our library) This includes cataloging all artists (&
composers,lyric-writers,
arrangers etc.) with the ability to combine background information
from the internet/CD-libraries/other sources. All titles will also be catlogued for genres, playability (i.e. 'quality')
power-rating, etc. to use in a future automated playlist system
In addition this system also keeps tracks of all use of music in our
station so that we are able to report royalties.

Is this anything you had in mind?

regards
 Kári Poulsen
 Faroese Broadcasting

kapo_at_utvarp.olivant.fo Received on Mon Nov 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CST