Virtual Web Servers and cgi-bin directories

From: Jim Richards <jimr_at_aone.net.au>
Date: 1996/11/08

Hello all ...

        Hands up those who have used 2.0.3 to handle virtual domain names?

We have set the site up correctly for the html directories, so that an entry looks like

        ip address      domain name
        203.xxx.xxx.xxx www.client.com.au                 /australia/
        203.xxx.xxx.xxx www.client.com.nz               /new_zealand/

the directory mappings are

/u01/local/htdocs/ permission (RN?) /
/u01/local/cgi-bin permission (CN?) /cgi-bin

the the australian pages sit in

/u01/local/htdocs/australia/

This works fine for html pages, but the cgi-bin cannot be found. (Don't worry about the permissions, they are correct). So where does the cgi sit?

I tried

/u01/local/cgi-bin permission (CR) /cgi-bin

and put a directory

/u01/local/cgi-bin/australia/

in, and put a test CGI in there, but it didn't seem to work.

So, currently I am stuck as to what to do, any ideas? Received on Fri Nov 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CST