Re: HElP!! ODBC Oracle

From: Mark Tomlinson <marktoml_at_juno.com>
Date: 1996/11/08

"Kochis" <djkochis_at_sgi.net> wrote:

: Currently running NT Server and Oracle Workgroups 7.1 with a 95 client.
: Tyring to do ODBC with Intersolv driver. Have two instances. Need to
: connect to second instance, not the default. Have SQL*Net 2.1 running on
: both. SQLplus works fine to either, but need to get ODBC running fast.
:
: ODBC driver asks for "Server Name". Both instances are on the same
: server???
:
: Thanks
: David
: djkochis_at_sgi.net

You should be able to setup the Instance that a a given SQL*Netv2 alias points to, (thus you simply would use a separate alias for each instance).

             Mark Tomlinson

  My Opinions are my own.
(who else would have them?)