Can anyone help me with this...

From: Zoaib Saifuddin <Zoaib.Saifuddin_at_ubs.com>
Date: 1996/11/05

Hello everybody,
We are using ORACLE7.0;
I'm trying to read NULLABLE field from ALL_TAB_COLUMNS system table with OWNER as some other user who has GRANTed SELECT on his object(Table). Using SQLPLUS, we are able to read records from ALL_TAB_COLUMNS for that table with owner as the other user.
The other user also has a stored procedure, which reads records from ALL_TAB_COLUMNS with owner as its own oracle USERID and we are given EXECUTE permission on this procedure. Now when we execute this procedure, we are not able to read records from ALL_TAB_COLUMNS for that user and the table eventhough the query used for selection in the stored procedure gives positive results in SQLPLUS. Anyone has encountered this problem?
If anybody has any comments or suggestions, i shall be pleased to hear from you. My e-mail addr: Zoaib.Saifuddin_at_ubs.com
Thanks and regards,