Re: Linking IP address to Oracle process

From: <mattw_at_mattsun.ngc.com>
Date: 1996/11/04

> We have had a similar problem - using SQL*Net to connect to Oracle, how can
> we tell which session belongs to which user (given that our app is
> designed to connect to Oracle with a common Oracle userid).
>
> I assume you can relate the Oracle session to the unix process ID - this
> information is available in v$session (sid = Oracle session id,
> spid = Unix process id).

If you already have a Network General Sniffer (protocol analyzer) in house, get the database module (2-3K USD list) which will track, break down and decode Oracle TNS sessions, give transaction stats and lots more good stuff in real time
see www.ngc.com for more info Received on Mon Nov 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CST