Re: HELP !! ORACLE FORMS 4.5 TAB/FOLDER-VBX CONTROLS

From: Vince Moynihan <vince_at_vmoy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/03

Warning!

On Friday I was using VBXs with Forms 4.5 to no avail. The Oracle response centre told me
that my version (Developer 1.2) did not cope with mixed case VBX control and property names.
There is a fix in 4.5.7.0.13. However, this is only on the 16 bit version of Forms 4.5. That was the good news. The bad news is that should you ever want your form to work without modification under 32 bit Forms 4.5, then it will not. Your form will have to be recoded to use an OCX equivalent to your
VBX but as a OLE not VBX item on your form. 32 bit Forms 4.5 still has the VBX item option in 32 bit, but
that should not be there. Oracle advised me not to use VBXs in my 16 bit forms. I think its time that Oracle change their mind and allow VBXs to be called form 32 bit Forms. Received on Sun Nov 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CST