How do I monitor the number of Oracle connections. SQL*Net + multiple hosts.

From: George Dau <gedau_at_mim.com.au>
Date: 1996/11/02

G'day,

We have 25 Instances spread over 7 machines - one NT 3.51 Server and 7 Sun Solaris. Three of the instances use Mincom's TP system to connect multiple end users to one Oracle connection.

Some people connect through SQL*NET V1 and V2. Most connect through Forms based terminal sessions.

People will also be connecting with ODBC and related tools.

We have a network license agreement, so we only need the total connections over all the machines.

Anyone have any ideas on how to count the number of connections being used?

Can I get at the value in "License High Water Mark" on the fly - not just at shutdown? Is this really the max number of concurrent connections since the db was started?

The follow seemed as though they might be useful, but always seem to be zero:

LICENSE_MAX_SESSION = 0
LICENSE_SESSIONS_WARNING = 0
LICENSE_MAX_USERS = 0

Thanks for any ideas on this.

George Dau
gedau_at_mim.com.au Received on Sat Nov 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CST