Re: V$???? Manipulation

From: Kevin Brand <kbrand_at_gtetel.com>
Date: 1996/10/29

Jim Smith (jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> Why? If you want to collect statistics over a period, look at the
> UTLBSTAT and UTLESTAT scripts provided for just this purpose.

> Please use comp.databases.oracle.server for questions like this
> --
> Jim Smith

I'm writing a real time statistical report tool for use on the command line. My intent is to duplicate the function of an Informix tool 'tbstat' as closely as possible, which would include the ability to start the stats back at zero from any point in time.

Using UTLBSTAT and UTLESTAT are great for `sar` like gathering of stats, but are not usefull when diagnosing immediate performance problems that require a very quick response with appropriate data in an intuitive format.

You should consider the fact that your approach to a problem does not represent that of the general community, and not just hammer away as if it did.

So, again. Can anyone confirm that these tables cannot be modified!

Kevin Brand Received on Tue Oct 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CST