Re: Linking IP address to Oracle process

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1996/10/29

Peter Yates <PeterYates_at_access.net.au> wrote:

>Is there any way either in Oracle or Unix that an IP address can be
>matched to an Oracle process. We are running 7.3 with parallel query and
>whenever we have a problem at the client end , we would like to be able
>to match the offending IP address with its Oracle process?
>
>thanx
>peter

I've had the same problem and here's what I've done to get around it. If you hear of a better way I'm all ears.

PQ seems to kick off several sessions for the same user. But if you examine the SQL each session is running, only one contains objects clearly identifiable as from your schema. Kill that session and all the other's go away too.

Here's the query I use to see the SQL being executed

column username format a8
column sid format 9999
column serial# format 99999999
column sql_text format a45 word_wrap
select

	username,
	sid,
	serial#,
	status,
	decode(sql_text, NULL, 'NON-SQL (DDL, GRANT, etc.)', sql_text)
sql_text
from
	v$sqlarea a,
	v$session s
where
	s.sql_address = a.address(+)
	and s.sql_hash_value = a.hash_value(+)
	and username is not null
order by
	username

/
--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!