Re: tcplsnr

From: Udo Klimaschewski <uk_at_ltts.com>
Date: 1996/10/29

In article <552qvd$dqs_at_news.more.net>, David Turner says...
>I am running Oracle server for NT and for Solaris v2.5. I have been trying
>to set up ODBC on a machine for some time now with success only with the
>instance running on NT. I connect fine from the client machine to the
>Oracle Instance running under NT and yet can't connect to the Instance
>running under solaris.

What version of ORACLE are you running on the solaris machine? (Server and SQL/NET version)
And what SQL/NET version are you running on the client ODBC?

Check out the TNSNAMES.ORA on your client, does it match the configuration on your solaris (listener.ora?) ? Either the configurations don't match, or you are running an old SQL/NET version on your server.
Take a look at the port, the listener uses. Some configurations use port 1521, some 1526.

regards

        Udo

--
Udo Klimaschewski - uk_at_ltts.com                       Tod allen Fanatikern!