How startup orcale after instaletion?

From: Antonio Deus <vod_at_ci.ua.pt>
Date: 1996/10/28

At this moment I have install the oracle in UNIX system. But I'm a  beginner in this mater. To run the startup the oracle i have to access  to the root login? Because when I try to run a server manager with  'svrmgrm' and I try to get access to the user sysdb in all windows say  "Oracle not available".

I appreciate someone tell me what is wrong with this.

Best Regards,

Antonio de Deus

--

| |