Re: Missing V$SQLTEXT

From: Dr. Blue <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1996/10/28

Steve Harville wrote:

> Dr. Blue wrote:
> >
> > I inherited sometime ago two Oracle 7.1 instances.
> > The test instance had (V_$SQLTEXT) and I simply created
> > the synonym V$SQLTEXT.
> >
> > The production instance does not have either view and I
> > don't know how to create it. I did a grep on the rdbms/admin
> > scripts to see if CATALOG or similar had something related
> > to SQLTEXT but I could not find it.
> >
> > Any ideas? I am trying to get the full text of some SQL
> > statements that are giving us trouble.
> >
> > Richard
>
> Try this
> drop synonym v$sqltext;
> create synonym v$sqltext for sys.v_$sqltext ;

Steve: Thanks for the suggestion but
this is what happened. I am using a DBA account with SELECT ANY TABLE privileges.

drop synonym v$sqltext

             *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01434: private synonym to be dropped does not exist

Elapsed: 00:00:00.11
sql> create synonym v$sqltext for sys.v_$sqltext ; Elapsed: 00:00:00.09

Synonym created.

sql> desc v$sqltext;
Object does not exist. Received on Mon Oct 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CST