Re: Head scratching with SQL*Net V2

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/10/27

In article <Dzu7Lw.D8s_at_drnews.dr.lucent.com>,

   vqh_at_dw.lucent.com (Viet Q. Hoang) wrote:
>Yesterday, the dba added another instance on the server and added
>the appropriate entries in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora to make
>it accessible over the net. On client1, things work just as intended,
>on client2 we can not connect to the new instance (but the old instance
>works fine). The error code is ORA-12203 or sometimes ORA-12535.

do a tcp stack test on client2; be sure you can telnet from client2 to the server. then try nettest or tnsping. if the stack is ok but the oracle net test or oracle ping is not ok, then client2 has a bad oracle setup.

--
Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.