Re: dbstart/Digital Unix box

From: Andy Finkenstadt <genie_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/10/26

In <54rdgb$a02_at_clarknet.clark.net> hollandj_at_clark.net (John Holland) writes:
>My dbstart command only works asa the "oracle" user I set up. I'd like to
>be able to automate starting the database up when booting the machine.
>(DEC Alpha running Digital UNIX). Any advice would be appreciated.

As described in the user guide for digital unix for oracle, the "purple" book,

  su - oracle -c dbstart

should work, if oracle when logging in normally can run dbstart. otherwise add the oracle_home oracle_sid vars to the script that eventually calls dbstart.

-andy

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, The Printing House Ltd, Also a GEnie Sysop
genie_at_panix.com | kahuna_at_supernet.net | andy_at_aloha.webkahuna.com

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those good at math and those not.