Re: Q: Forms converted to Web Page???

From: Uniscape Seminar Program <seminar_at_uni-scape.com>
Date: 1996/10/24

Designer/2000 can reverse engineer a form and then generae a web pages based on the form.

However, it does not handle triggers and the form will not look exactly the same.

Essentially, the reverse engineer process makes a note of all tables and columns displayed on the form and defines a 'module' based on this. You can then generate a web page based on this module definition.

However, it is certainly not able to suck up a form and spit out an identical web page.

Oracle Education provide an excellent course of Reverse Engineering applications. Check it out if you seek full info on the abilities and limitations. This course does not cover generation of web pages, only reverse engineering.

Scott Hollows
shollows_at_ricochet.net

gsa_at_li.net (Gary Assa) wrote:

>I heard that Oracle comes bundled with a product (for Sun Unix, unknown
>version) that can reverse engineer a Forms (4.5 or 3.0) into a Web Page
>format (HTML I guess). Is this possible? How could all the triggers
>be handled?
>
>If this is at all tru, or I am slightly exaggerating, which version of
>Oracle (we have 7.3.2 and 7.2.2) has this product, and what is it
>called? Do I have to buy Oracle Web Server? What is Oracle Web Agent?
>What is Oracle Web Server Ooption in my Oracle 7.3.2 CD?

>--
> http://www.li.net/~gsa/index.html
>This is my signature file, not part of this mail message.

Scott Hollows - Managing Principal	shollows_at_ricochet.net
Uniscape, Professional Services		+1.415.596.1437
Redwood Shores, California Received on Thu Oct 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CDT