Re: Slow response time connecting to db from sqlplus or sqldba

From: Ekkehard Schulz <schulz_e_at_bln.sel.alcatel.de>
Date: 1996/10/21

Aziz Rahman <arahm_at_ctp.com> writes:

>We DO have IP addresses in our SQL*Net configuration files, i.e.
>listener.ora and tnsnames.ora and we still have the problem of long
>connect times for SQL*PLus, both with and without using TNS connect
>strings. We are running Oracle 7.3.2 on Solaris 2.5. Any suggestions will
>be deeply appreciated.

>- Aziz

With version 7.3 Oracle installs the trace facility automatically. From the documentation it should be disabled, but we had detected two files which are written with each connect. And this takes us a lot of performance for connect times. Have a look into your ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin directory. There you should find the files process.dat and regid.dat. The easiest (and working) way is to rename these files. Hope this will help you. Regards

--
Ekkehard Schulz, Alcatel SEL AG Berlin, Department VB/EF
Colditzstrasse 34-36, D 12099 Berlin, Germany