Re: Linux+ORACLE7: Am I crazy?

From: Steve Baker <bakes_at_corona.iinet.net.au>
Date: 1996/10/20

Allan C. Anderson wrote:
> I would kind of like to use my linux box at home for a
> development server, and was wondering if anyone had
> got this sort of thing to work.

Yep.

> Maybe SCO binaries would work?

Yes, they do, although I have had problems with connecting over to the database over the network with higher versions of the Linux kernel. This may be fixed in later v2.0 kernel releases.

It's simple enough to set up - there is a HOWTO somewhere - but I forget exactly where. Try posting to a couple of Linux groups.

> Hmmm. Perhaps SCO would not be a bad idea now that it
> is free.

Well, that's one way of doing it. The disadvantage of course is that you would be running SCO ;-)

--
Steve Baker,  aka  bakes_at_corona.iinet.net.au
Your limitations are restricted by your goals, not the other way around.