Re: Using OS_Authentication in cron jobs

From: Michael Serbanescu <ms_at_cmprime.cis.att.com>
Date: 1996/10/18

Make sure that the cron job was created and is owned by the same UNIX/ORACLE user who executes successfully the shell-cum-sqlplus script from the UNIX command prompt. To do that, log into UNIX as that user and execute "crontab -l".
I suspect that your problem is that the cron job was created by either "root" or "oracle".

I hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu
Sr. ORACLE DBA, TRECOM Business Systems, Edison, NJ ms_at_cmprime.cis.att.com
(908)576-3894