Re: How to add the TNS_ADMIN to Windows registry

From: Mark D Powell <markp28665_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 07:28:58 -0800 (PST)

On Thursday, July 2, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, sui..._at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Can anyone show me the step to add an entry to windows reistry for
> TNS_ADMIN=d:\orant\network\admin, please?
>
> --
> Best regards,

I agree with Paul. We have never had to place TNS_ADMIN in the Registry though we have added it to the Window's Environment Variables. Our Windows team pushed variable settings to the users so that a network drive location is used for the tnsnames.ora location. So we can make changes to one central located file and have the users pick it up on next use.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Dec 20 2016 - 16:28:58 CET

Original text of this message