Using ASM for shared linux filesystem storage?

From: <dkoleary_at_olearycomputers.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 05:19:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hey;

[Quoted] The dba team and I (UNIX admin) are being asked to create a shared ext4 filesystem across a number of nodes. I believe this is to enable us to remove Veritas Cluster Filesystem (VCFS); but, that's just a suspicion.

[Quoted] So, the questions: has anyone used ASM to create a shared storage filesystem across nodes that are not in any way otherwise related to oracle products? I know the dbas create shared filesystems via CRS; however, I've not seen ext4 being used. Is that possible/supported/a good idea?

[Quoted] If anyone has any information, documentation, etc, I'd appreciate getting a pointer.

thanks for your time.

Doug O'Leary Received on Sat Jul 30 2016 - 14:19:14 CEST

Original text of this message