Re: XE11: lll_unlock_elision on configure

From: Achim Klausmann <achim.klausmann_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 21:29:37 +0100

Oh, so great, i got an answer.

> Well, it's likely something wrong with the kernel configuration. Which flavor of linux are you using?
ok, this openSUSE 13.1 with systemd(argh) This is a new hardware
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 v3 _at_ 3.10GHz, 900 MHz Haswell Core
Chipset C220
Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection Adaptec 6405, RAID1

This error comes from the Haswell Technologies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_Synchronization_Extensions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_memory
http://natsys-lab.blogspot.ru/2012/05/software-transactional-memory-stm-in.html

And should be a realized in glibc 2.18.
It is not!

So i decided to switch to 13.2 with systemd and wickedd and glibc 2.19 I can install it, run it but a reboot or shutdown produces:
Shutdown complete
Shutting down instance (immediate)
Shutting down instance: further logons disabled USER (ospid: 1887): terminating the instance due to error 472

> There's an XE community on forums.oracle.com.
Yes, i know, but i got no answer.

I didn't try Oracle Linux7, yes i have it. But i think this kernel 3.8.x is to old for this CPU and Chipset C220.
I tried this in VM and it's running without a failure. In addition to that time is running out.

Best regards