Re: XE11: lll_unlock_elision on configure

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 08:44:23 -0800 (PST)

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 9:03:26 AM UTC-8, Achim Klausmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i got this message during '/etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure'
>
> USER (ospid: 1552): terminating the instance due to error 443
> Instance terminated by USER, pid = 1552
> Tue Apr 22 19:19:53 2014
> Exception [type: SIGSEGV, SI_KERNEL(general_protection)] [ADDR:0x0]
> [PC:0x7FCAE4D2C3D8, __lll_unlock_elision()+24] [flags: 0x0, count: 1]
> Use ADRCI or Support Workbench to package the incident.
> See Note 411.1 at My Oracle Support for error and packaging details.
> Tue Apr 22 19:19:54 2014
> ORA-1092 : opitsk aborting process
>
> The rpm is installed, but cannot be configured.
>
> This sounds like a HASWELL-Problem.
> The Hardware is a ASUS P9D-I Mainboard with a XEON E3-1220-V3 (Haswell),
> keywords:
> Hardware Lock Elision
> Restricted Transactional Memory
>
> Can this be solved?
> Does anybody installed this on Linux on a Haswell CPU?
>

> Best regards
> Achim Klausmann
> --

Well, it's likely something wrong with the kernel configuration. Which flavor of linux are you using?

There's an XE community on forums.oracle.com.

If you get the "package the incident" error, you can't really do anything about it because XE is unsupported. However, if you are using Oracle Linux, the user community for that might be interested in what is going wrong.

Are there any clues in the alert log?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.