Re: Excel and PL SQL

From: Mark D Powell <markp28665_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:51:48 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:27:45 AM UTC-5, colmkav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pls could someone tell me how using PL SQL, I can read data from Excel and also creating an excel file? For example I would like to save the output of my Oracle query to an excel file and then make some formatting changes in the Excel output eg making headings in bold.
>
> thanks
> Colm

One method is to just spool a delimited data (csv) file via SQLPlus. See the following for an example and then just opening the file using Excel.

How do I export a database table to a flat file ?

        http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/flatfile.html

If you must you pl/sql then look at the following: http://technology.amis.nl/2011/02/19/create-an-excel-file-with-plsql/

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Nov 12 2014 - 20:51:48 CET

Original text of this message