Re: capturing DDL change with a trigger

From: geos <geos_at_SPAMPRECZ.autograf.pl>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 19:00:59 +0200

On 03.04.2014 16:48, ddf wrote:
> The trigger won't capture that change because it's not posted until the alter table statement has completed successfully.

Thanks David. So when does alter table is considered completed sucessfully? I'm kinda puzzled because the trigger is named AFTER ALTER and I thought it would fire after the ALTER is completed, not soemewhere in between... If the following is not true:

  • implicit commit
  • DDL statement
  • implicit commit (here I thought DDL "was updated" in dictionary)
  • after this DDL trigger starts and is able to see the changed DDL

then what is?

thank you,
geos Received on Thu Apr 03 2014 - 19:00:59 CEST

Original text of this message