Re: Oracle Database and COGNOS BI

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 09:15:07 +1000

noreply_at_maillard.im says...

> I am looking for best practices/recommandations on using COGNOS BI by
> IBM with an Oracle RDBMS server (could be a RAC database). I have
> googled but found nothing really interesting.
>
> What I am looking for is informations on howto "size" the RDBMS hardware
> (# of cpus, RAM, ...)

You will need the instance for the Cognos Content Store set with the NLS_CHARACTERSET of UTF-8 or UTF-16, or AL32UTF8 or AL16UTF16. And the Cognos Configuration utility will need to use "Oracle database (Advanced)" to handle RAC properly if you use that.

Size/CPU-wise, the Cognos Content Store requirement is relatively trivial in comparison to whatever you might be using for the data mart or (preferably) star-schema data warehouse that you will use as the report/analysis data source/s.

GM Received on Thu Jul 25 2013 - 01:15:07 CEST

Original text of this message