Re: trees, trees, trees

From: Peter Schneider <pschneider1968_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 01:43:02 +0200

Am 21.06.2012 22:51, schrieb geos:
> Gerard H. Pille wrote:
>> I've been keeping both my eyes on performance in programming for over 35
>> years now. Of course, I can only do as much as your design allows. Given
>> the correct indexing, tree walks can be performant enough. You wouldn't
>> want me to write the select statement for you, would you?
>
> sure I would.

Are you then, in turn, going to share part of your pay check with Gerard? ;-)

> anyway, if you would like to help here is a complete script that fills table
> with sample data and expected result:
>
> http://geos2005.republika.pl/table.sql

That is not a database table. It has no primary key, no constraints, no indexes... It is just a dumped Excel table. Any query against it will always do full table scans.

Regards
Peter

--
Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge,
enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world,