Re: Auditing "alter session" - is it possible?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 08:03:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:16:03 PM UTC-4, ddf wrote:
> On May 15, 6:59 am, "Phill W."
>
> wrote:
> > Greetings All;
> >
> > Is it possible to audit the "alter session" statement?
> >
> > I /think/ I've turned auditing on (to both file and database table) and
> > have asked the database to audit the "alter session" privilege but
> > nothing turns up in the trace or audit logs.
> >
> > I'm running a mix of 11.1.0.7.0 and 11.2.0.1.0 databases and OEM
> > 11.1.0.1.0.
> >
> > The little I've found on the web /hints/ that this doesn't actually work
> > and never produces any log output, but I thought a direct question (to
> > Them What Knows) might elicit a more direct answer.
> >
> > TIA,
> >     Phill   W.
>
> It appears to work n 11.2.0.3 as I get records for ALTER SESSION in
> DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL:
>
> wombat_wally BING smelba smelba 17-MAY-12 104 SYSTEM
> AUDIT ALTER SESSION
>
> (it is a somewhat abbreviated version of the complete record).
>

> David Fitzjarrell

Phil, if what you are really asking is how to set up auditing to do this and the answer is not clear from David's post you can issue the following commands:

MPOWEL01_at_UT1> audit alter session;

Audit succeeded.

MPOWEL01_at_UT1> noaudit alter session;

Noaudit succeeded.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri May 18 2012 - 10:03:50 CDT

Original text of this message