Re: DB2 System Administrator on zOS | Columbus Ohio | $70-$80 /hr | 3-6 months

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:48:11 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 23, 10:59 am, Peter Schneider <pschneider1..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 23.02.2012 15:24, schrieb Sherri Johnson:
>
> > Dear Group member,
>
> > We are looking Three DB2 Systems Administrators on zOS for a client
>
> Put aside the fact that your posting is just ordinary usenet spamming, are you
> even too dumb to read the news group name??
>
> Is this comp.databases.db2.misc??
>
> Leave this group alone with your spam, please!
>
> Regards
> Peter
>
> --
> The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what
> you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. -- Mark Twain

While I certainly am the first one to complain about spam :-) it isn't necessarily dumb to get some Oracle dba into a db2 site. It's only dumb if the site thinks that is dumb, many smart sites realize an experienced and motivated dba plus localized training can be a good thing. With multiple dbas, there is an advantage to having a spread of skills and experience, too. There are also Oracle dbas who were previously db2 dbas, and certainly some shops with both engines. The real determinant of dumb is the communication between the customer and the recruiter, and we don't know that. Though I'm sure we've all run into some amazingly stupid recruiters, and there is nothing wrong with calling them that when they spam! I've called them worse ;-) Recruiter success unfortunately has little to do with technical acumen, it's all sales and persistence. As an old joke could go,

...a salesman bought a mule from a farmer who told him that if he were polite to the mule, it would do whatever he wanted. After months of being nice, but with no success in getting the mule to take him to customers, the salesman asked the farmer for help. The farmer came over, hit the mule on the head with a 2x4 and explained that you did have to be nice – “but first you have to get the mule’s attention.”

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"I am trying to do Pint In time" - oracle-l