Re: Select Privileges

From: ExecMan <artmerar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:08:40 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 17, 10:31 pm, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 12:16 pm, ExecMan <artme..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi, I'm trying to get the following scenario to work.  Maybe someone
> > can help?
>
> > We have the following small setup:
> > DATABASE: DB1
> > USERS:  TOM & BILL, CHRIS, MARK, JOE
>
> > DATABASE: DB2
> > USERS: TOM
>
> > There is a trigger on a table in Tom's schema in DB1.  That trigger
> > will insert data into a table in Tom's schema on DB2, over a DB link.
>
> > I want to grant SELECT access to CHRIS only so he can query the table
> > in Tom's schema on DB2.  I do not anyone else to be able to select
> > from the table.
>
> > How can this be done, since the dblink logs in under a given user
> > account?  Can permissions somehow be given to use of database links?
> > Or by source user?
>
> > Thanks
>
> No.  You could create a read-only user in DB2 that can select from
> Tom's table then create a private db link in CHRIS' schema using that
> read-only user so he, and only he, can access that object.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

David,

Can one have INSERT but not SELECT privileges? Meaning that in DB1, Tom inserts into the table on DB2. However, that is all he can do, insert. Then I get up what is necessary to limit select access. Or, does one automatically get select privileges if they can insert also? Received on Mon Nov 21 2011 - 11:08:40 CST

Original text of this message