Select Privileges

From: ExecMan <artmerar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:16:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm trying to get the following scenario to work. Maybe someone can help?

We have the following small setup:
DATABASE: DB1
USERS: TOM & BILL, CHRIS, MARK, JOE DATABASE: DB2
USERS: TOM There is a trigger on a table in Tom's schema in DB1. That trigger will insert data into a table in Tom's schema on DB2, over a DB link.

I want to grant SELECT access to CHRIS only so he can query the table in Tom's schema on DB2. I do not anyone else to be able to select from the table.

How can this be done, since the dblink logs in under a given user account? Can permissions somehow be given to use of database links? Or by source user?

Thanks Received on Thu Nov 17 2011 - 14:16:48 CST

Original text of this message