Re: extract dll | extract code for user creation, profiles and roles in oracle 8 database

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 07:11:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 21, 4:15 am, vask <vasant.na..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i need to extract user creation, profiles and roles from a oracle 8
> database. does anyone have any SQL code which can help me achieve the
> same. i do not want to use th exp/imp process.
>
> thanks.
>
> vasant

You can use SQL to extract object grants, system privileges grants, and grants to or of roles rather easily by querying the rdbms dictionary views: dba_tab_privs, dba_sys_privs, and dba_role_privs.

Here is an article on the subject with working SQL to get object grants.

How do I find out which users have the rights, or privileges, to access a given object ? http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/privileges.html

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 24 2011 - 09:11:00 CDT

Original text of this message