Re: value expansion using binding variables?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 22, 5:12 pm, geos <g..._at_nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> hello, in pl/sql code I have defined a variable:
>
> x varchar2(100) := 'do not :1';
>
> is it possible to change the value of x to 'do not eat' with execute
> immediate and using 'eat' clauses? if so, how can it be done? if not,
> why not and what are the alternatives to accomplish this?
>
> thank you,
> geos
>
> ps. Follow-up to comp.databases.oracle.misc

Looks like you do not yet have a good understanding of what a bind variable is. Here are a couple of things found using google:

http://www.akadia.com/services/ora_bind_variables.html

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/LiteralsSubstitutionVariablesAndBindVariables.php Received on Mon Aug 22 2011 - 17:20:54 CDT

Original text of this message