Spatial: well known text with Oracle 9.2

From: Andreas Mosmann <mosmann_at_expires-31-08-2011.news-group.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:58:50 +0200

Hi,

in the SDO_UTIL - package of version 9.2 there is no way to convert from geometry to well known text and back.
How can I do this?

My main prob is the following:

There are MyDB, RemoteDB

in MyDB I try

select AFunctionThatReturnsGeoInformation_at_RemoteDB(My.Field1, My.Field2) from TableX My;

I get the error
ORA-30626: - "function/procedure parameters of remote object types are not supported"

When I use a function returning Varchar2 there is no problem, but it is impossible to return Geometry- Objects.
It seems to be clear, because data types could be a little different. Thats why I look for a way to handle this by WellKnownText. (I do not know, whether the data becomes to big, but I don't hope so)

Thank you
Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de