Re: HOWTO: STORED PROCEDURE RETURNING MANY ROWS

From: Andreas Mosmann <mosmann_at_expires-30-06-2011.news-group.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:18:11 +0200

Tim X schrieb am 22.06.2011 in <87zklae3ab.fsf_at_puma.rapttech.com.au>: Hi Tim,

I do not know whether you read my answers to Gunther. In fact with his help I found exact the answers I looked for. So I can say: Yes, there is a way to return many rows by a stored procedure (function) and there is a small example how this can be done.

Maybe the structure of database is stupid. Maybe this way takes much ressources.
But all this is not the question at this moment.

If there is a better way to solve the problem I described - I am interested.
But in this thread it is not my main interest to talk about database structure or database ressources, sorry. Whether it is useful to follow the way above depends on many things, such as maintaining code, handling queries etc. And in my - maybe very special - case it seems to be a useful way to do something like

select P.F1,P.F2,Q.F3,Q.F4
from MyProc(Param1,Param2) P
join MyQuery Q on Q.Key1=P.Key1 and Q.Key2=P.Key2

or anything like this.

I hope you can accept this even if it is another way you prefer.

Thank you
Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de