Re: HOWTO: STORED PROCEDURE RETURNING MANY ROWS

From: Gunter Herrmann <notformail0106_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:42:38 -0400

Hi!

Andreas Mosmann wrote:
> Gunter Herrmann schrieb am 17.06.2011 in

>> You will need to create database types for the row type of the function.
>> Additionally
>> you will create a table type as TABLE OF<row type from above>.

> My source (simplified)
> create package MyPack as
> ********************************************************/
> type T_R_RETURN is record (
> Datum Date, Operation varchar(256), Zahl1 number, Zahl2
> number);

As I said above: DATABASE TYPE

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE T_R_RETURN AS OBJECT (     ID number, ...
);

> type T_REF_TABLE is table of T_R_RETURN index by binary_integer;

This type as well as a DATABASE TYPE

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE T_REF_TABLE IS
   TABLE OF T_R_RETURN; I suggest you have a look at the examples in some recent PL/SQL books that cover at least 9i. Both Steven Feuerstein and Scott Urman have examples.

Gunter in Orlando Received on Mon Jun 20 2011 - 09:42:38 CDT

Original text of this message