INSERT

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This is a weird one. I have a procedure where I use BULK COLLECT:

  OPEN mf_detail;
  FETCH mf_detail BULK COLLECT INTO v_mf_record;   CLOSE mf_detail;

Then I try to use FORALL to insert the data:

  FORALL x IN v_mf_record.FIRST .. v_mf_record.COUNT     INSERT INTO monthly_mf_snapshot VALUES v_mf_record(x);

Now, that statement gives me an error:

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
ORA-06512: at "MF_FUNCTIONS", line 1435
ORA-06512: at line 1

However, if I do individual inserts for each column, it works fine. Only because there are 134 columns do I want to use FORALL, but why does that give an error and the individual columns do not? Datatypes are the same......

Thoughts? We're on 10gR2 Received on Tue Apr 19 2011 - 12:49:28 CDT

Original text of this message