Re: Stored Procedure with concurrent SELECT / UPDATE

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:51:22 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 8, 12:29 am, Mau C <nob..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> So I'm able to obtain a Java result set through the Sys_RefCursor.
> I'm not really sure that is a "multi-process access" safe procedure...

That it isn't was my first though when I saw the pragma autonomous, but I haven't really worked it out. I was thinking of a race condition, but Mark's suggestion of select for update ought to avoid that.

Here are some examples: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:4530093713805

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
""Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of