Re: Google Analytics javascript and dynamic SQL

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:58:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 29, 7:59 am, "Bob Hartman-Berrier" <eo838..._at_qny.pn> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to insert Google Analytics' javascript tracking code (either the
> newer, asynchronous or the older, synchronous, mode) into dynamically-
> generated SQL so that the number of "Confirmation of Enrolment" letters
> which are printed by Dalhousie University students can be tracked.  I am
> not having success at this, and ask your help.

Please check spelling :-)

> I've tried both versions of Google's code. The sqlplus compiler
> complains mightily about the single/double quote combinations, and I
> have not gotten a valid  combination of double and triple quotes to
> work, and neither have I gotten a working escape-character process to
> work in the compiler, telling it to ignore quotes, underscores,
> brackets, etc.
>
> Has anybody gotten Google Analytics (or other javascript) to work in
> dynamic SQL packages?  If you have, would you share your technique(s)
> and/or code samples?

Don't know (and am curious also to see working code), but I know just in shell scripting I've had to put as many as 7 single quotes to get them out right. In some tools (like awk for example) it can help to use escaped values like \047. It makes more sense when you get all the rules for all the layers into your brain at once.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/28/computer-attack-hits-dissidents-in-vietnam/