Re: Oracle CLOB

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:37:04 +0200

Since this thread is read by serious people too:

today one of our developers ran into "not enough space" when filling a table with a lob column.

He didn't understand how this happened, he had no way entered enough data to fill the tablespace.

I checked, and the lobsegment was taking 240Mb for some 60Mb of data (sum(dbms_lob.getlength()).   I moved the lobsegment to another tablespace, and doing so the segment shrank to 100Mb.

What should I do to prevent this waste of space?

Thanks,

Gerard Received on Wed Sep 29 2010 - 11:37:04 CDT

Original text of this message