Re: Oracle CLOB

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:29:12 +0200

The Magnet wrote:
> On Sep 21, 12:22 pm, "Gerard H. Pille"<g..._at_skynet.be> wrote:
>> The Magnet wrote:
>>> Ok, this is probably simple, what I'm lost. FYI: We're on 10gR2.
>>
>>> I'm trying to update a CLOB column. The procedure is being called
>>> from PHP. If the INSERT procedure is called then the object gets
>>> inserted into the table properly:
>>
>> How does PHP connect to the database? OCI8?
>
> Yes, it uses OCI8. I'm thinking there is a limitation somewhere
> there, but I do not know enough about that. Are you familiar with
> OCI8?
Yes, but I remember trying to store pictures in the database, without succes.

In the example here (http://wiki.oracle.com/page/PHP+Oracle+FAQ), the blob is loaded from a file.

Don't forget the limits of pure SQL. Maybe you can only update when p_body < 4k.

But you provide only enough information for guess-work. There's quite a number of places where things can go wrong. Received on Wed Sep 22 2010 - 13:29:12 CDT

Original text of this message