Oracle CLOB

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, this is probably simple, what I'm lost. FYI: We're on 10gR2.

I'm trying to update a CLOB column. The procedure is being called from PHP. If the INSERT procedure is called then the object gets inserted into the table properly:

TABLE:

 MESSAGE_ID                                         NUMBER
 SEC_ID                                             NUMBER
 VARIABLES                                          VARCHAR2(500)
 NAME                                               VARCHAR2(500)
 BODY                                               CLOB
 CREATED                                            DATE
 LAST_CHANGED                                       DATE
 CREATED_BY                                         VARCHAR2(100)
 CHANGED_BY                                         VARCHAR2(100)
 STATUS                                             VARCHAR2(100)

  INSERT INTO messages

   (message_id, sec_id, variables, name, body, created, last_changed,
created_by, changed_by, status)
  VALUES (v_message_id, p_sec_id, p_variables, p_name, v_body,
SYSDATE, SYSDATE,
          p_created_by, p_changed_by, p_status);

That seems to work fine, but the UPDATE now, that is not doing anything. It does not return any errors, it just does not update anything. If the message I insert is small, say 40 lines, it updates fine. But say I take a huge HTML page and paste it into the editor a few times and try to update, nothing happens.

  UPDATE messages

  SET sec_id       = NVL(p_sec_id, sec_id),
      variables    = NVL(p_variables, variables),
      name         = NVL(p_name, name),
      body         = NVL(p_body,body),
      last_changed = SYSDATE,
      changed_by   = NVL(p_changed_by, changed_by),
      status       = NVL(p_status, status)
  WHERE message_id = p_message_id;

So, I'm lost. Any suggestions may help. If I am not providing some information you need, let me know. And thanks in advance. Received on Mon Sep 20 2010 - 11:19:12 CDT

Original text of this message