backup Restore

From: Ruddy <reachrud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 23:05:16 -0700 (PDT)

i Just needed some tips.

We have an oracle DB running on 8i in production system. Its has a standby which is getting synced using archive logs on a remote destination.

                                Archive Log
Server A

Server B

Server A and Server B are in 2 different locations.

My doubt

Can i have the following architecture , where archive logs are written to 2 servers ?

Server

Server B

Server C

So in the above Server A is primary and i start to write archive logs to Server B remote location and Server C , same location as Server A.

Then for testing purpose i now apply logs to Server B/Server C , so at a point in Time , as archive logs are applied , all my three servers Server A , Server B and Server C are having same data.

My second more important doubt is Can i make Server B primary and let it ship logs to Server C and Server A without having to take full backup of Server B? I heard from some guys that this is not possible but i am hoping that there would be some undocumented way to achieve this.

Please let me know. Received on Thu Sep 02 2010 - 01:05:16 CDT

Original text of this message