Re: CLOB > 32k

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:11:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 10:07 am, "Terry Dykstra" <tddyks..._at_forestoil.ca> wrote:
> "The Magnet" <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote in message

> > We're trying to insert a value that is like 50,000 characters long
> > into a CLOB column from PL/SQL.  It is passed in as a parameter to a
> > CLOB type.
>
> > Now, from what I am reading 32k is the limit for any variable in PL/
> > SQL.
>
> > First, what is the best way to get around this.
> > Second, if 32k is the largest, the how does one insert objects,
> > photos, etc into an object column if PL/SQL can only handle 32k?
>
> Check out the dbms_lob package.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra

Ok, well, however our PHP guys did it, the defined it as an object on their end and it comes in as a CLOB and inserts just fine.

The next thing is that we open a REF cursor and the PHP reads the record set of data, with the CLOB being part of it. The cursor is a dynamic cursor built within the PL/SQL and then PHP reads the record set.

But I am having issues getting the CLOB out and processed within the REF cursor.

Any tricks while I search for an answer? Received on Wed Jun 02 2010 - 12:11:11 CDT

Original text of this message