Re: Oraqcle RAC configuration question. Nodes on Unix, ASM on Windows?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 06:19:09 -0700 (PDT)

On May 26, 9:52 pm, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question about configuring Oracle RAC. I have never done any
> RAC or ASM installation before. Might be a stupid question for some of
> you.
>
> Is it possible to install Oracle RAC using following options?
>
> 2 node RAC ( 2 unix machines running two oracle instances) using Sun
> Solaris.
> Shared Storage using ASM in Windows server
>
> Any additional information that you can provide will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

ASM would need to run on the SUN cluster. I would also expect Oracle Clusterware to be installed on the cluster and the ASM would be RAC.

UNIX and Windows servers can share storage devices however every storage device I know of partitions its disk so some of the storage is seen by Windows and some is by UNIX. There is no sharing between the two.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu May 27 2010 - 08:19:09 CDT

Original text of this message