COUNT Function

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:01:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm tryng to use the Analytical function COUNT(*):

SELECT tag_id, tag_name, tag_count
FROM (SELECT t.tag_id, tag_name,

             COUNT(*) OVER (PARTITION BY t.tag_id) tag_count,
             ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY t.tag_id ORDER BY
t.tag_id) rnum
      FROM commentary.article_tags a, commentary.tags t
      WHERE t.tag_id = a.tag_id(+))

WHERE rnum = 1;

Problem I am having is that for records in the TAGS table which do not match in the ARTICLE_TAGS table are still being returned with 1 row. I'm looking for it to return 0, as there were no matches.

Thought it was the way the join was working, but I do not think so as I've tried different combos.

Any ideas? Received on Mon May 17 2010 - 10:01:48 CDT

Original text of this message