Re: Streams Replication: Is Supplemental logging mandatory?

From: sandeep pande <sandy.soft80_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 02:30:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 19, 5:46 am, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Is Supplemental logging mandatory when using streams Replication ?
>
> I am trying to replicate about 100 plus tables in a schema. All the
> tables in the source database have a primary key. Do I need to create
> supplmental logs ?
>
> Thanks in Advance.

Hi,
Supplemental logging places additional column data into a redo log whenever an operation is performed.
A capture process captures this additional information and places it in LCRs. Supplemental logging is always configured at a source database, regardless of location of the capture process that captures changes to the source database.

Supplemental logging is required in Streams replication environments.

Regards
Sandy Received on Tue May 11 2010 - 04:30:10 CDT

Original text of this message