Re: Oracle Materialized Views in a RAC

From: sandeep pande <>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 3:42 am, Ora_DBA <> wrote:
> We have a source database which is Oracle 11g RAC. The target database
> is a stand laone database (11g).
> We need to create Materialized View in the Target database based on
> tables in the RAC source database.
> The Refresh method is Refresh Fast on Demand.
> Is the process of creating Materialized View Logs in a RAC same as the
> one for creating MV logs in a stand alone database ? What if the
> instance/node in the RAC where the MV Logs are created goes down ?
> If the configuration of MV logs in a RAC is different from the one in
> a stand alone database, can you please describe in detail  or point to
> web site that explains it in detail ?
> Thanks in adavance.

On RAC there is a single database. Each RAC instance runs on the very same database.

RAC is a shared everything architecture - nothing at all like the inferior (shared nothing) cluster technologies used by many of the other database vendors.

In other words, a database resource (table/sequence/view/procedure/ etc) is available on all that database's cluster instances.

Sandy Received on Tue May 11 2010 - 03:16:31 CDT

Original text of this message