Re: Target and Auxiliary have different OS and version of Oracle

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:23:21 -0700 (PDT)

On May 6, 6:03 am, moongeegee <moongee..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> The target is Window server 2003 with 10g 10.2.0.2.0 oracle and the
> Auxiliary is Windows XP with 10g 10.2.0.1.0 oracle.
> Can I user rman duplicate database to duplicate database from target
> to auxiliary ?

It depends on information you have not supplied. The answer is probably yes, but you might want to patch up some in case there are bugs.

See the OracleŽ Database Backup and Recovery Advanced User's Guide about Cross-Platform Transportable Databases and Tablespaces and Preparing for CONVERT DATABASE: Using the DBMS_TDB Package

In there you will see a reference to V$DB_TRANSPORTABLE_PLATFORM and related views. Select everything from that view and see if your operating systems and platform are listed, and think about how what you posted is ambiguous.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.bogost.com/blog/flash_is_not_a_right.shtml