Re: oracle forms on win 2003 terminal server

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:35:44 +0200

Op 28-4-2010 18:09, Andreas Moroder schreef:
> Hello,
>
> we have a forms application and would like to run it on a windows 2003
> terminal server, but the user experience is very bad. When the user
> types the letters appeare on screen slowly.
> We have Jinitiator 1.3.1.30 installed.
> Does anyone know a solution ?
>
> Thanks
> Andreas

Found this (for what it's worth):

The problem is caused by new 2D and 3D functionality in Java 1.3 (which is used by JInitiator). It was not bugfree at that time in combination with certain graphical cards and drivers. You can solve this problem by tuning this functionality off by the next parameter in de JInitiator console:

-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

It works perfect at out company and we don't have issues anymore with popping-up characters seconds after you type them.

Maybe you should stop using jinitiator at all (the latest forms versions don't seem to need it anymore)

Shakespeare Received on Wed Apr 28 2010 - 15:35:44 CDT

Original text of this message