Re: Oracle Materialized Views in a RAC

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 06:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 8, 6:42 pm, Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a source database which is Oracle 11g RAC. The target database
> is a stand laone database (11g).
>
> We need to create Materialized View in the Target database based on
> tables in the RAC source database.
>
> The Refresh method is Refresh Fast on Demand.
>
> Is the process of creating Materialized View Logs in a RAC same as the
> one for creating MV logs in a stand alone database ? What if the
> instance/node in the RAC where the MV Logs are created goes down ?
>
> If the configuration of MV logs in a RAC is different from the one in
> a stand alone database, can you please describe in detail  or point to
> web site that explains it in detail ?
>
> Thanks in adavance.

Yes, the basic way you define an mview when the source is RAC is the same as when the source db is non-RAC.

What happens when one instance is down depends on how you define the database link, that is, on a specific instance or capable of connecting to any available instance.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Apr 10 2010 - 08:49:22 CDT

Original text of this message